1/07/2009

Review: Laya the Land Kit



Laya the Land Kit from Good Vibrations is one of the store's great package deals. This one includes its namesake, the vibrator Laya, a bottle of Good Vibration's Please Cream Lubricant, and a 0.5-oz jar of Please Stimulating Cream.

First, the Laya vibrator is a pretty, small vibrator that has become very popular on the sex toy market lately. For such a tiny thing, I was super impressed by how many speeds she has--7 different speeds and 3 pulsing rhythms! Laya is made of elastomer (non-silicone), which is smooth and hypoallergenic. She is controlled by a simple button push: the plus (+) makes her go to the next speed, and the minus (-) slows her down. By herself she is $46 (comes in black, lavendar, pink, or blue) and the total kit is only $57.

So how did this kit measure up?

First off, BDSM beginners will love the stimulating cream, especially all you evil Doms and Masters out there! This is because not only does the cream stimulate, it burns! No, not in a painful, I'm-going-to-die-way, but in an ow-it-burns-I'm-at-your-mercy way. *evil grin spreads slowly*

I loved the cream at first sniff; not only is it cool and creamy, but it smells delicious. Citrus and spices, yum. The cream is supposed to be for your nipples and clit, so I first applied it there. Honestly, I couldn't feel a thing on my nipples, but on my clit I almost immediately felt it begin to burn. It wasn't terribly painful, just a tingle that kept at a low burning sensation for about 15 minutes. Wow! My devious mind went right to work, imaging how this could be incorporated into a scene.

True to character, I tried this out the next time I played with the cream. I tried it on my nipple again, this time with copious amounts of cream, but still nothing. On my clit, I felt it tingle and burn within 60 seconds, and like a good little scientist, even timed how long it kept burning (20 minutes, if you're wondering, though I could still feel it for a total of 30).

After feeling it on my clit, I figured it would burn this way in any orfice, and boy, was I right! With a Kleenex, I carefully applied some to the outside of my anus, and, wow!, was I not disappointed! Immediately my entire nether regions burst into glorious flames. I only wished my Dom had been there to enjoy it! It was great. I highly, highly recommend this cream for some fun play! Doms, it will give your sub a little pain and punishment, suitable even for beginners. Painsluts aren't going to like this cream alone, because honestly the burn is not that bad (on a 1-10 scale, only a 4 on the clit and about a 6 on both the clit and anus), but you could do amazing things for sadism and pain play with this stuff... apply it liberally to your sub's clit and bum, then whip her ass deliciously, or fuck her tight, burning little body while she screams for you, or simply make her scurry around the house and do your dishes while you watch her squirm in delicious pain and pleasure. Hot!

The Pleasure Cream lube did not thrill me like the sensation cream, but it was still good. The lube is white, the consistency of sunblock, and completely odorless. Of course, it was a bit messy so I'd recommend keeping some Kleenex or baby wipes by the bed during play.

As for the Laya, I was very impressed by this little vibe's kick and versatility! For such a small vibe, you get a wonderful array of sensations. Users have 7 speeds they can choose from, and then at the highest speed you can choose from among 3 different pulsation patterns. I had so many options I just couldn't choose, and went back and forth from low to medium to high, to pulse, and back again. I think there is something for everyone here!

The only issues I had with Laya are her shape, touch-button control, and external-only use. Her shape is small, and curved a bit too much to comfortably fit my vulva, so I had to wiggle around a bit to find where I wanted to hold her. After a while I got the hang of it, but she is still small, and her strongest vibe is at her base, so you have to choose between "entire vulva, with vibes too low" or "only higher on the clit" positions. I was looking forward to having my entire vulva stimulated, and Laya did, but then the top of the vibe (weakest vibration) was on my clit and the bottom, vibrating part was wasted on lower regions. If I wanted a vibe right on my clit, I had to move Laya up. Also, when I got really turned on and started gripping the vibe, my hand would hit the battery cap and Laya would turn off!

Her touch-button control was both a blessing and a curse. I loved that she was so simple to navigate through all her thrilling vibrating capabilities! However, if Laya is resting on your mound and vulva, you have to remove her, change the speed, and replace her--or you have to push the plus button where it is, pressing the entire hard plastic surface into your mound, which hurts. A remote control, or some control mechanism somewhere not touching the most delicate part of my body would be nice.

Finally, because of Laya's unique shape, she is great to press against your vulva, clit, and mound, but no more. Those of you that need internal stimulation as well, or need your clit stimulated directly--not through the hood--will obviously not be huge fans of an external-only vibe. My favorite vibes are ones that can slip between the inner lips to tantalize my clit directly, and this is difficult to achieve with Laya. However, for a varied experience, and to get a great new orgasm from having your lips and vulva caressed as well, Laya is a great pick!

A side note: I have tried Laya with and without the stimulating cream, and while the cream burns but does not turn me on alone, it certainly made for a better and faster turn-on when used in conjuction with the vibe!

For the price, I think this kit is a good buy. I love Good Vibrations; it is a very woman-friendly, sex-friendly store with great customer care and wonderful products. If you are new to vibes, or getting bored with your internal-only experiences, Laya will be a dainty little addition to your sexual repertoire. Whether you like feather-light touches or a firmer pulse, there is something in there for everyone. And remember, you get the lube and absolutely amazing stimulating cream thrown in therewith her, too. Hold her against yourself and let her varied speeds and pulses take you away!

Go to Good Vibrations and check out the Laya the Land Kit and other great sex toys!

No comments: