1/29/2009

Review: Babeland's Pocket Rocket

Free Aqua Wand Vibrator (w/ $80+ purchase)
Free Shipping (w/ $50+ purchase)
All purchases gift-wrapped
Treat a Loved One Today!

If you are in a quandary about what to get your honey or BFF for Valentine's Day, Babeland has your answer. Try one of their best-selling vibes or dildos, get a romantic lover's kit, or warm up with some of their sexy foreplay essentials (lubes, massage oils, books, and bondage toys).

For a sweet gift under $30, I've tried out the Pocket Rocket. The first time I turned it on, the Pocket Rocket shot up to #2 on my list of Favorite Vibes Ever (second only to the unbeatable Orchid G, also from Babeland). This tiny vibe packs a punch!

The rocket vibe is only 4" long, which I love because I'm currently a resident in France and I honestly have nightmares about having to bring all my sexy toys home through customs (*internal groan*). This vibe is the first one that made me bring a sigh of relief--it will go through customs no problem. Tiny and discreet, the vibrator comes in a small box that will be disguised perfectly in your cosmetics bag as a lipstick or hand cream. If you have roommates, travel a lot, or have a nosy mother, this discreet vibe is for you!

Although the Pocket Rocket is small, its vibe packs a punch. It only comes with one speed, but I enjoyed it nonetheless--the vibration is much stronger and more intense than you'd expect from such a small toy. Since I enjoy stronger vibrations (ever since my Orchid G got me hooked), this toy was fantastic. It turned me on immediately and felt great. While I have yet to experience an orgasm with this toy, I still really enjoy the feel and find it great for foreplay. And practice makes perfect!

Another small innovation I loved was the cap-on, cap-off possibility. The plastic cap has nubs and can be used for a different pleasure sensation than the actual vibe, which gives a more intense feeling (I preferred with the cap). The plastic cap is a bit too hard for my taste, but this can be solved by holding it very lightly against the skin. If you like a lot of pressure, the cap is going to give you problems, so use it without!

The vibe uses a AA battery; I prefer vibes that can work on AA because the toys I have that work on N or watch batteries are a horrible pain to replace. The bottom section of the vibe twists off for easy battery insertion, but putting the section back on is another matter entirely. I had quite a terrible problem getting the bottom to stick back on without popping right back off. While this was annoying, eventually I did manage to shove the thing back together and it worked fine.


This vibe doesn't compare with my undying devotion to my Orchid G, but it is still a fun, discrete toy with a strong vibration. The petite, manageable size and easy-to-disguise discretion of the vibe make it a unique purchase.

If you're interested, go to Babeland and check out the Pocket Rocket ($28) and other sweet V-day gifts.

No comments: