1/25/2009

Review: Leather Cuffs


For the BDSMer with a flair for fashion, these scalloped cuffs from Babeland are a must-buy! My Dom and I adored them--they are so much fun!


First, let's talk about the product. Then I'll tell you why I loved it.
These cuffs wrap around both wrists (there is no connecting link) and fasten with a rolling buckle, just like a belt. The cuffs are black leather on the outside, soft black synthetic fleece on the inside, with a red scalloped ridge for decoration. They measure 1.5" wide and only a few centimeters between each buckle hole ensures a comfortable fit.


I tried them out from the biggest to smallest size, and I can comfortably say these cuffs will fit anyone from petite to plus-size. On the largest setting, the cuffs went halfway up my Dom's forearm, and I think anyone's wrist will fit in there, whether plus-size men or women. I have very petite wrists, so I normally have a problem finding cuffs that fit me without gaping open, but with these scalloped cuffs I had no problem. They fit snugly and comfortably, and there was plenty of padding provided by the fleecy interior to ensure my small wrists did not get bruised during rough play.


My Dom and I loved these because they are sturdy enough for even the toughest play, yet still soft and comfy. Since he is stronger than I am, we had him yank and pull at the cuffs, but they didn't give an inch! When I was in them, I didn't have a chance of dislodging them. The cuffs are incredibly well made, with no rough spots or fraying edges, and even when writhing around in them you won't get chafed. This is a big improvement from normal metal handcuffs, which chafe and bruise with struggling.


I only found a few minor inconveniences with these cuffs. One is that you have to buy extra parts if you want to tie or chain your partner to anything. The D-ring will take a padlock, or with cuff connectors or chain you could tie your partner to something, but you'll have to buy them separately. Alone, the cuffs will immobilize your partner's hands but not connect to anything else. Another minor glitch is that you have to carefully loop the cuffs together and fasten the buckles. Obviously, this takes a willing, still submissive, and would be difficult if not impossible to subdue a sub who was struggling or fighting during play. Finally, because these cuffs are real leather, cleaning is a bit more difficult. You can wipe the leather off with a cloth, or spot-clean the fleece lining with a soapy washcloth, but you definitely can't just throw them in the washer or submerge them for cleaning. My advice: try not to sweat too much in them or get bodily fluids on them and avoid the problem.


So the final verdict on these scalloped cuffs from Babeland is: Awesome! We love the stylish black leather, soft inner lining, and firm grip of the cuffs. These cuffs will be a welcome addition to any kinkster's toy collection or a fun introduction to light bondage for beginners--everyone will love them! At only $52 from Babeland's site, these are a good investment for hours of play. The cuffs are so well-made and comfy that I wager my Dom and I will be using them in our BDSM adventures for years.


Mosey on over to Babeland.com and check our their Sportsheet's Scalloped Cuffs and other great deals.

No comments: