7/07/2010

Submissive Journaling


Submissive journaling can be an important part of connecting to your inner submissive.


There are two types of submissive journaling: private journaling (for yourself) and public journaling (for your Dom or a public audience.)


Private Journaling

Private journaling is your private account of your trials, experiences, and lessons as a submissive. By journaling your experiences, you can keep track of your submission, including your most difficult areas. You can look back and see yourself improving. You can also just have a place to think about your submission, what it means to you, and keep track of your development.


Journaling for Your Dom

Journaling for your Dom is an important part of submission, and is often required for many slaves and submissives. My Dom does not require me to keep a submissive journal for him, but I do so anyway. This can be written on paper or as a blog set to "private." You can use your free Blogger account to create a blog that is set to private view and can only be seen by the person you choose. My Dom receives updates in his email box, so whenever I have written him another journal entry, he knows as soon as he gets home from work. It's a great way for us to communicate, since I have time to type out exactly how I feel, and he can leave comments and feedback on the site. This is great for us, as it allows me to share with him links to resources I want him to check out, sexy picture or videos of me I've made for him that I don't want anyone else to see, and my own private thoughts and expressions. Since I have more free time during the day than he does, whenever I find a new BDSM topic I'd like to explore together, I simply do the research and post the links to my journal. It's a great way to share what I've been doing during the day, not to mention keeping track of all the sites I've visited and want to visit again.


Public Audience Journaling

Journaling about your submission online is a great way to share your journey with other submissives. You can keep the blog as private as you like, viewable only to friends, or you can share your experiences with the whole web. Many, many slaves and submissives keep online journals like this. Check out Submissive Guide's Top 10 Submissive Blogs to check out a few, or look at my Blogroll to see some of my favorites. Eventually, you will develop online relationships with these fellow submissives, support each other in times of need, and create friendships that can help you become a better submissive.

No comments: