8/02/2009

Review: Under the Bed Restraints


Hello and we're back with another review!! This under-the-bed restraint set from Babeland is my newest kinky find. I really enjoyed them!
The first plus is the set's ease of use, both for "put up" and "tear down" time. Like the door jam cuffs, I like these because my Dom and I have lots of friends and family members over who are not kink friendly, so we can't exactly have dungeon implements and permanent restraints drilled into our walls. So we use lots of restraints and handcuffs that are easy to use and just as easy to make disappear into a drawer.
These under-the-bed restraints do that, and they are the only temporary restraints we own that allow for total immobilization. Since I'm the one who loves playing with bondage (pain is more his style!), I was very excited to try them. We have a few sets of handcuffs, but none that attach to my ankles.
The cuffs were comfy on my wrists and ankles, with no pain even when I pulled and--at one point--flipped myself completely over. I was worried the adjustable velcro on the cuffs wouldn't hold, but it did. I do have fairly small wrists, and the cuffs were almost too big to fit me, but by pulling them tight my Dom made it work. If you or your partner has exceptionally tiny wrists, these might not fit.
My Dom got the cuffs set up under the bed in no time. First he secured my wrists. I was waiting, but not too patiently, because as soon as he fastened my ankle cuffs, I whined, "These ropes are too long; I can still move!" I pulled on the ropes to demonstrate. With a sigh, my Dom grabbed the adjustable straps (that I hadn't noticed) and said, "The people who made these are smart, sweetie. Just wait." He pulled, and the straps adjusted just as quickly and easily as backpack straps that work the same way do, and suddenly our under-the-bed restraint was a perfect fit for me: my hands and ankles were all tied, in a comfortably tight position!
The only downside of these cuffs is the same downside of any bondage gear: you can't use it too long or your partner's hands/feet will lose circulation. When using bondage, check every few minutes to make sure your partner's hands aren't getting cold, because that's the first sign. And trust me, freezing and numb hands make it impossible to concentrate on a scene.
Overall, I found these cuffs to be comfortable, easy to use and adjust, and effective. I loved being restrained at both my wrists and ankles, not just my wrists. And for my Dom, it was easier to spank me when I had only limited mobility and couldn't wriggle away!
The cuffs are removable and made of fabric for easy cleaning, and the set is adjustable so it fits any mattress size. The best part? It's easy to put away completely, leaving no traces that you have to awkwardly try to explain away to your mother-in-law next time she visits and wanders into your room. Click here to purchase the cuffs or learn more, and check out Babeland's newest deal: a free bottle of lubricant if you purchase their new music-activated vibrator, Freestyle!

No comments: