6/30/2009

Bondage for Beginners

The great thing about ropes is that they tend to be pretty tame.



Sure, you might flip your new boyfriend out if you say, "Put a leash on me and make me bark like a dog!" or "Slap me hard." But no one's going to get really bent out of shape if you want to indulge in a little light bondage. Ropes, handcuffs, ties, scarves, sheets, and all sorts of fun bondage devices can be found around the house for some light bondage.



I'm not a fan of fuzzy handcuffs because I don't see BDSM as being "fuzzy." If BDSM were a shape, I think it'd have all sorts of hard angles and rough, steel lines. It'd be sexy, hot, hard, intimidating, maybe even painful and cold, but not fuzzy. At least, not for me. :)



But fuzzy handcuffs can be a good way to introduce a lover to light BDSM. So can any cheap handcuffs you buy or receive as a gag gift. But I have to warn you: if you want a light, giggly scene the pink fuzzies will be fine, but if you want a more intense scene, stay away from the fuzz!

Other great ideas for casual, painless bondage:

  • sheets (great for tying limbs to beds!)
  • ties
  • scarves
  • duct tape (tie it sticky side out and be prepared to use scissors to remove it)
  • bondage rope (softer than regular rope = no rope burns!)
  • handcuffs
  • computer cords (unexpectedly strong)
  • bandanas
  • old sheets torn into strips (great recycling!)

Honestly, I adore being tied up. I don't want to be tied hard, or in an uncomfortable position, or so my limbs fall asleep, but a little light bondage is a fast way to get me excited for whatever is coming next. It makes my body hyper-aware of whatever sensations are happening, and makes me feel totally at my Dom's control.

If you want to introduce your partner to some sexy fun, try bondage!

No comments: