2/03/2012

Changes but still good

We're dealing with more life changes. New job, car broken down, another car wrecked, and still dealing with postpartum period and anxiety related to that. Whew!

With all this going on, I don't have much time to blog. We don't have much time to have D/s or BDSM time, either.

Things are going well, though. We both pull our weight, so there is little D/s needed. Although it makes me less happy than having him be in charge, we just share the weight and the burden of our lives and it works well. I work, he works, we take care of the baby, we get dinner made, we clean, we cook, we repeat the process. I'll say that he does pick up more of the slack around the house, cooking and cleaning and doing dishes, so that I can spend our evenings with the baby, holding her or feeding her or generally spending time with her. He says it's even, one of us caring for the baby and the other taking care of the house. He doesn't mind taking care of the house so that, as he says, I can take better care of our baby. I feel grateful to have a man willing to do that.

This winter is promising to be unseasonably warm. THANK GOODNESS. I hated last winter--- cold, cold, and miserable. I've enjoyed the strangely spring-like weather. The few days of cold and rain we've had have been bearable because they rarely last more than a few days. I'm just excited for May to get here and spring to be here in earnest.

I hope all my blogger buddies out there are still writing and enjoying their lives. (*sends a friendly wave out into blogger-land*). Hope to talk to you soon!

2 comments:

MrJ said...

Good to hear - and with such news. An dyes, thoroughly enjoy the baby as long as she still is one ;-)

Unknown said...

Sounds pretty much like our house with a 4 month old baby! Although I'm not back at work yet, I probably will be going in a couple of months, and then I have no idea how to organise childcare with work, hopefully they'll let me work from home.
I'm also commenting because I'd just like to say I love your blog, and you've inspired me to start my own :)
/ long post