6/21/2009

Addicted to Vibes?


Here's something about vibrators that the sex stores won't tell you.


Sure, vibes are great, and they come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and intensities, so it never hurts to have a few (although I only use my favorite one or two). But overusing them can make your body rely too much on a vibe. Read: you can't orgasm without one anymore.


As much as I love my little purple rabbit vibe from AdultToyShoppe, it can't come close to giving me the pleasure, emotions, and orgasms like my loving human mate. Plus, once you use a vibrator that much, the orgasms become less intense and, well, less enjoyable. Your body gets used to that same ol' feeling, and it becomes to feel "old hat."


Well, I was having trouble orgasming with my partner at all, so we'd become more and more reliant on the rabbit vibe, or its pink counterpart from France, to finish me off. Eventually, I found I could only come with the vibe. Why? A human finger or tongue just can't vibrate like a battery-operated machine.


I scoured the web and found this is actually pretty common. So a word of warning: enjoy your vibes, but don't let them become a staple. It's the fine print those sex toy stores don't let you know. Sure, a vibe is great for some help or for a lonely night, but don't let it replace a human touch. Because that, after all, is what making love is all about.


For more information on this topic, read:



No comments: